Saturday 6 March 2010

tattoos


There are several reasons one might get a tattoo. One is symbolism. A person wants to express something about themselves, they want other people to see that part of them resting calmly upon their skin,a bond that will be there forever. maybe it could be for many something that shows a sort of self-discovery, that concluded something about oneself and it had meaning to them. the person arranges the words, the feelings into a form of art, and has it inked onto their skin so that they won't forget. It tells a story for that person a story of their life after they pass away, or to passer-byers upon city streets.

Many people, later regret getting tattoo, for the style. They like how it looks. Henna tattoos are the most common tattoos for it's style. Another example of tattooing for style was a tattoo that several women often have placed upon their lower backs. i wanted one myself yet didn't have the guts, yet many of my friends had them and regret it as the design date or they had children and their body change.

Often tattoos will express a passion for something such as cooking, hair, sports, location, or just life. I've seen several chefs get food items tattooed onto their bodies such as racks of asparagus or sandwiches they look kind of funny, they love food so much they need to mark their body to show that they have found something they are passionate about. Another kind of tattoo is a mural, or portrait tattoo. When a person looses a loved one they sometimes get a picture of that loved one tattooed somewhere on their body with a few loving words. I've seen fathers get portrait tattoos of their children or wives on their arms, and mothers do the same, when they have looses a child to remember them forever.
http://www.tattoos.com/
i found some intersting facts on here.

1 comment:

  1. I have a few tattoos and they all have meanings to me . My first one was all about rebellion . I was 16 and wasn't allowed one . So I got a small daisy on my back , which i hate now and am having covered next month. My stars are very important to me as I had them a couple of years ago and they represent the end of a life long struggle . My bow on my wrist is another to represent an anniversary , my daughters name as she is my life . I feel that my skin should honour her as my heart does. I also have " la bella vita " written on my foot which translates into " my beautiful life " . I feel my ink is a part of my story and like Trac said they will be their until the end . My own personal scrap book in skin.

    ReplyDelete